HCI Environmental & Engineering Service is a Full Service Environmental Management Company to include a Scrap Metal Recycling Division located in Southern California. Dependant upon the amount, type and condition of your scrap metal, HCI will purchase and recycle all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Allowing HCI to service your metal recycling needs along with the management of your hazardous waste may enable you to reduce your total waste disposal costs.
General Site Clean-up:
- Obsolete Machinery
- Fire Damaged Property
- Commercial/Residential Property Site Clean-ups
- Customized Programs For Any Size Business
- Roll-off Bins, Tilt Hoppers, and 4’x4’ Bins Provided
- Scheduled Route Pick-ups
- Free Consultation To Assist In Developing or Modifying Your Scrap Program for Maximum Benefit To Your Company
- Shearing & Torching
- Concrete and Block Wall Demolition
- Tenant Improvement Demolition
Ferrous metals are often magnetic, but this property is not in and of itself sufficient to classify a metal as ferrous or non-ferrous. Austenitic stainless steel, a ferrous metal, is non-magnetic, while cobalt is magnetic but non-ferrous.
Common ferrous metals include the various irons and steels. Common non-ferrous metals include aluminum, tin, copper, zinc, and brass, an alloy of copper and zinc. Some precious metals such as silver, gold, and platinum are also non-ferrous.
Summary: Non-ferrous metals by definition do not contain iron while ferrous metals do. Ferrous metals are usually magnetic, although SOME non-ferrous metals are also magnetic.